An invitation to give:
In four years as a member of the Board of Directors of Terra Cultura, I have been witness to a steady transformation, born out of collaboration and care. Silt to soil, student to teacher, seed to harvest. What will Terra Cultura be in one year, five, ten?
This fall, three generations of my family have pledged $15k to match your gifts through the end of the year. Join us in giving to Terra Cultura in 2021 and your impact will double. I know that in Terra Cultura’s capable hands our gifts will prove transformative—to soil, to students, to a community.
Click "Donate" to make an impact today.
When you give to Terra Cultura, you are supporting:
- Accessible educational and collaborative opportunities for all ages around ecological farming and gardening, self-sufficiency, eco-literacy, and eco-arts.
- Land stewardship and regeneration in partnership with nature and local communities.
- Growing food and constructing infrastructure in ways that conserve resources, restore habitat, and benefit local plant, animal, and human ecosystems.
- Efforts to strengthen mutual aid networks and local economies towards increased food sovereignty and community resilience.
Our Community Impact
- Terra Cultura is a leader in climate-smart farming and gardening. We are participants in two California state programs to study the carbon sequestration and greenhouse gas reduction effects of climate smart growing practices and resource efficient infrastructure. We implement these climate-smart practices on our farm, and teach them to other growers.
- Terra Cultura educators teach our Arts and Eco-Literacy Program in 3rd, 4th and 5th grade classrooms in the Aromas-San Juan School District, providing over 200 students a year with dynamic arts and ecology education.
- Through workshops, projects, and events on-site and in the community, we provide accessible and inclusive educational opportunities to an additional 700 community members each year.
- We collaborate with community partners to facilitate community-based projects that strengthen resilience, sovereignty, and empowerment, including the recent Aromas Bridge Mural Project, and the formation of a mutual aid network of local farmers.
Our COVID-19 Response
- On-Site COVID Safe Educational Programming: This fall we opened our doors to families and community members young and old to take part in our "Farm Tourventure", a self-guided farm adventure around Terra Cultura, replete with Environmental Stewardship and Eco-Arts educational opportunities for children and adults.
- Free educational resources and virtual programming: We are offering virtual skillshares, virtual events, and a virtual resource library, covering topics relevant to the Covid19 crisis, including food security, self-reliance, creativity, health, and well-being.
- Food Security: We are growing and delivering fresh produce to those in need, providing ecologically-grown, organic produce on a pay-what-you-can basis.
- Mutual Aid: We’re working to connect our community to existing mutual aid networks, and are collaborating with farmers and community organizers to create new networks for food sovereignty and resilience in our food systems.
Betty Amber$1,000.00Jessica and Rachel ..... Wishing you great harvests, growth, and happiness
Jesse D Martinez$100.00Wishing TC continued success!! I sold 10 of my music CD's and earmarked the $ for Terra Cultura. Happy spending!
Randee & Dick Friedman$180.00Mazel tov Rachel, Jessica & Travis on your astounding accomplishments. Truly the land loves you as much as you love the land! Under your care it is taking on new life and growth. May you all continue to flourish in this holy work.
Anonymous$180.00Jessica, Rachel and Travis, Kol hakavod to you 3. You are an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your world & your work with our congregation on Yom Kippur.