We are thrilled to announce the opening of Terra Cultura’s Creative Residency Program! Creative thinkers and doers of all disciplines and mediums are invited to apply for a 2-4 week stay at our eco-arts farm in beautiful Aromas, CA. Priority will be given to projects that are site-specific, intersect with ecology, or that would benefit from time spent engaging with our land stewardship project. We are interested in amplifying the voices and stories of artists from communities made marginalized. BIPOC, LGBTQIA2S+, women, and people from other marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Attention all Artists, Musicians, Writers, Creatives, and Big Thinkers!
Work on your next creative project from the comfort of our 16′ studio yurt with sweeping views towards Steinbeck’s Salinas Valley down toward Big Sur. The yurt features many creative amenities, including a large drafting table, artist’s easel, a fully-equipped music studio with various instruments, a queen-sized bed and futon, and a kitchenette.
Soak in the rustic charm of 5.5 rural acres, including a quarter acre of row crops, wooded slopes, and gardens. During your stay you are welcome to participate in our monthly arts programs including music jams, a writers group, skillshare workshops, and arts showcases.
Your Community Contribution
The residency is free; we do ask that you make an in-kind Community Contribution to the Terra Cultura community. This might take the form of a class, reading, lecture, or performance offered to the public, or an installation that is left behind to enrich the land.
Get creative with your Community Contribution proposal, all ideas will be entertained by Terra Cultura staff! We are happy to work with each artist to collaborate on what their individual contribution may be.
Duration: 2 – 4 weeks
Location: Terra Cultura in Aromas, CA
- Studio Yurt, with queen-sized loft bed, creative amenities, fully-equipped kitchenette
- Guest Bathroom and Shower facilities (in a separate structure)
- Broadband internet and site-wide WiFi access
- Occasional community dinners by the fire (residents should plan to cook for themselves most of the time)
- One completed Community Contribution project (see above)
Application Submission Requirements:
- For Visual Artists: Up to 10 images or 5 minutes of video
- For Musicians: Up to 5 songs or 1 album
- For Writers: Up to 10 pages of prose, or 5 poems
- For Other Creatives: Up to 10 completed work examples
Submissions can be added to your application either as a URL to your portfolio website, or uploaded as file attachments to your application (see below).
Apply for Terra Cultura’s Creative Residency Program Today
Creative Residency Program